Tuesday, December 17, 2013

yes, me

There are some things lately that I have been realizing that I miss. Quite a bit. Soul searching has become something that I am no longer afraid of, partly because it happens in bits and pieces. Increments I can almost handle. There are still overwhelming moments, but for the most part, each 'episode' has left me in a better place.

So, some of the things I miss in my every day, in no real particular order:

~Drinking milk with lunch, and it's corollary: having a bowl of cereal for breakfast

~Physical labor (moving stuff around; standing up; walking distances)

~Interacting with strangers, or the 'outside' (this one surprised me! But it's true. I hate small talk in conversation, but the niceties of greeting and directing are fun, in moderation!)

~Laughing at nonsense, all by myself

~Being in charge of something that I can leave behind once in a while

~Not wanting to leave things behind once in a while (okay, so this one is in order after the last one, but only because I really do miss not wanting to leave the things I'm in charge of behind)

~Creating--with color, with words, with my body in tune with music, with fabric, with paint--with anything!

I'm coming to realize these are all more than just parts of things I've done in the past; they are important to me being me, to me fulfilling my purpose, whatever that might be. That part I'm still searching for, patiently and diligently. 

And I won't give up, no matter how many obstacles I may encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment