Monday, September 1, 2014

the third three

#1 Our home. It's often a mess, and there are repairs to be made and redecorating/remodelling dreams scattered all over the place, but it's cozy and homey and ours.

#2 Our church. I feel as at home there as I do sitting on my balcony, whether I'm there for worship, for fellowship, to volunteer, or at work, I feel as right as rain. I've been asked a number of times, "Don't you ever get tired of driving there?" I don't. Does one ever get tired of going home?

#3 The seasons. Tonight as I sit on the balcony, it's much darker, feels much later than the same time a month ago. The night sounds are different, too, and I know that before long we'll have to put the funiture back in the shed and move inside again. But that doesn't matter tonight. Noticing the splendor of the little changes is an opportunity to give thanks for the experience of the day.

I am so very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment