Thursday, June 18, 2015

three quiet visits

Three times today I sat and visited with Jesus, in three different places; two chapels and a church. And I learned for myself something that we tell the kids all the time: His presence is the same everywhere.

Not long ago, I had a really hard time praying. I couldn't figure out if it was Him or if it was me. If I was trying too hard, or not hard enough. If I needed to go, or if I needed to stay. I tried changing things up by picking different prayers, and even changing some spaces. Nothing seemed to help, but I kept trying, asking, searching.

Today's visits were kind of the opposite. The grand total of about 45 minutes felt very much like a continued conversation - the kind you have with any friend you might see here and there throughout the day. All of them were unplanned, for the most part, which made the encounters that much sweeter.

I'm still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment