Wednesday, February 25, 2015

on our way

In about an hour, the rest will arrive to board the bus that will take us to Newark, and we'll be on our way to the Holy Land. This is a trip I never thought I would take, and the fact that we leave today has still not completely sunk in. The fact that I will not only see the places that are so much a part of our faith, but also feel the air of the desert, feel the salt and minerals of the Dead Sea, ride a boat in the Sea of Galilee, is unbelievable.
I've prayed that I would stop asking how this is possible. That I would stop wondering why I am able to go. That I would be able to simply say thank you to the Lord who drew me here. But I still am so awed and surprised that I can't do anything but follow. "I will go, Lord, where you lead me."
The past year has been so filled with small steps and giant leaps of faith, and each one has pretty much left me in tears for one reason or another. I wouldn't trade a single moment. Sharing the stories brings back each and every associated emotion, and sometimes it's more than I can bear. I'm learning to give over to God positive experiences, as well as the hard things; something I never considered before.
I am not only grateful for what lies ahead, but for each step that brought me to this day, this packed bag, this anticipation in my very soul. Carry us safely, Lord, and show us your hometown through senses opened by your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment