Thursday, December 3, 2015

questions and answers

Everything has been crazy lately. Well, everything except work, which has been only the normal, usual kind of crazy. In the crazy, I realized tonight I have a question. Trouble is, I can't quite put my finger on it. Pieces of it are right in front of my lips, but each seems as though it requires backstory to see them together. The effect being "I have a question" turns into "I have a story that may or may not make enough sense to you that I could ask your thoughts on it." A bit more cumbersome, no?
There was a time when that would frustrate me immensely. Tonight, however, after a couple years of conversations with some essential people, I'm figuring if the answer is necessary, the question will find its way out. I also know that there's a good possibility that I already know the answer, resulting in the question being elusive. It's happened before: I struggle with distilling thoughts into a cohesive, concise question with the goal of asking, only to discover that in the process I have missed the answer; unearthed and evident. 
Learning, growth, understanding - whichever it may be - takes practice. Time. And it's worth every question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment