Wednesday, August 3, 2011

why am I here?

The other day, I wrote a note. Just a little note that got to the heart of an ongoing search for self. Some notes are better than others, and some bear sharing. Posting the note on my Facebook page brought a number of comments, all of which dug deeper into who I am finding that I am. From that discussion came the suggestion that I blog. I'll give it a try.....

Who I am is an ongoing search, and I like it that way! In many ways, I am the same person I was before--whenever and whichever "before" one might remember. But in many more, very important ways, I am evolving, changing, growing continuously. Naming this blog nearly stumped me! To sound real, without being trite; to reflect me, without giving too much away--these were the challenges....So, why did I choose "clarity and vision" anyway? As I chuckle, the meaning is twofold-- first the obvious: I am, indeed, on a quest for clarity and vision in myself. I look inward as I experience, and try to determine how I can better myself and/or better understand myself. Life, to me, is learning, and I am my current subject. The second meaning is far less obscure: I wear glasses or contacts, and as I created the blog, I am wearing neither. Nothing is in focus, unless I lean in close to my screen, and slouch (almost painfully) in my chair. Silly me--I took my glasses off after my midday run, and don't remember where I put them! They will show up, or rather, I will come upon them before long.

In the meantime, I will continue my search for clarity and vision.....

No comments:

Post a Comment