Monday, December 10, 2012

thinking caps

I have words inside that I cannot express aloud. Some are angry, frustrated; others taste acidic at the moment. Most will not understand them, even if I do express them, and too many will judge based upon them. When the words themselves are not cutting my soul so much, I am confident that I will be able to present them in a way that will bring illumination, clarity, vision. Until then, if you speak to me, and are met with silence, disapproval, or even a slight stare followed by a view of my back, do not think that I am giving up, by any means, or that I will ever stop fighting your small-minded simpleness.

Suffice it to say that if you are going to focus on something other than the pertinent facts, I'm going to lose some respect for you. You don't even know that you are hitting close to home here, and you likely never will. Think about your words, your views, your judgements, and consider: where would I be? The answer will probably surprise you. It did me. And yet, where I am, I am more proud of myself than I have ever been in my life. I have, because I stayed focused on the facts, come out on top.

Think before you judge. Think before you laugh. And when you step outside yourself, you might just notice that someone else has something valid and valuable to share.


*I wrote this a few weeks ago, after hearing a news story that really ticked me off. (the contenet of the story is really not important) Thinking it too harsh or ugly to publish, I dropped it into my Drafts folder. Opening it tonight, I realize that all it is, is true. Take it as you will; but take something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment