Tuesday, March 12, 2013

how sweet the sound

I did something tonight I haven't done in a really long time. And despite the fact that the line was long, and tears were shed, and there was a little something lost in the translation, and it was out of character for me (though it probably shouldn't be), I do feel better. Freer. More receptive to tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. Balanced. Peaceful.

Forgiven.

In fact, in the middle of sitting in that little room, listening with more than just my ears, trying (really hard!) to not get distracted by the temperature, I felt a beautiful melting of just what was holding my heart hostage. Quite literally. And I actually felt the love and peace that took it's place. I also realized, in a split second, that the choice was mine: accept or reject. I chose to open myself and drink in all the beauty of the moment; to be carried because I needed it for a space of time.

An experience like no other.

A special thank you to the lovely lady in blue who pretty much whacked me over the head. She was right: I did need to go, whether I liked it or not; whether I thought so or not.

Baby steps in leaps and bounds.

Amazing Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment