Saturday, June 1, 2013

heart homes

I spent the day today in a place that I came to realize was a "heart home." There was time with family of the heart,  too, but there was also specialness in the places. 
In this geographical place, I found my husband, my wings and some roots, as well. But this place is also pretty in a way that's unconventional. Driving around, I remembered the feelings that inspired me to come to school here.
But the water is my heart home, my place of refreshment, renewal and rejuvenation. Standing on the shore, feeling the salty air, hearing the waves, is where I 'belong' -- like going home when I was a kid.
It's kind of funny because I didn't grow up, or even spend much time, around water. That makes me wonder where that home feeling comes from. Is it something natural and inborn? Or is it something I came to love somewhere along the way? We did vacation on Cape Cod one summer, but in my memory, the water/home connection has a chicken and egg quality.
Perhaps there is something more for me to grasp. I took pictures today, which will surround me for a while. If there's more to know, the answers will come in time. Until then, my heart's windows are opened wide once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment