Monday, June 24, 2013

quo vadis

I'm lost. Rather, I am stalled. I am sitting on the shoulder, map open, windows down, radio off, wondering why.

And yet there is nothing distressing or upsetting about it. I'm okay with waiting here for the traffic to clear, for the skies to brighten, for the moment to be right.

Although the map is open on my lap, I find  myself looking back at where I've been more than looking ahead. And I suspect that is part of the reason for the standstill. It's a simple rule of safety: watch where you're going. Clearly, my looking backward is indicative of a need to find something I've left behind--or to realize where I should have left something.

I'm sure there's something to this, and I'm sure I'll be on my way again before too long. I've no need to seek a detour this time. I know the wheels will turn again, or my legs will take up the journey. Either way, I'll get there.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the view, the weather, the fleeting thoughts, the breeze in my hair. Fortunately, I'm not on my own; never on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment