Sunday, August 3, 2014

reverie

As I watched the bride dance with her father, and the groom with his mother, I was transported. In my heart, I felt my own father's arms around me, while in my imagination I saw my sons dancing with me.

My own wedding was nearly half my life ago. At times I cannot remember not being married to the man with whom I've shared so much. Other times I wonder how it could be so short a time. So much has happened; so much has changed. Never again will I dance in my father's arms. It strikes me at odd times, but tonight the feeling of melancholy was tempered by the imagination.

In a blink, a breath, and two heartbeats, any of our sons could be getting married. At least it will seem like that short a time, if and when.

It was a beautiful combination of feelings to have at a beautiful wedding reception. Blessings and love to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment